POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Magnetism : Re: Magnetism Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magnetism
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 16 Sep 2005 05:05:47
Message: <432a8aeb$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

> The picture is a rather abstract representation of a magnetic field,
> based on no research whatsoever so any science buffs feel free to tell
> me what's wrong with it. The cylinders are randomly placed in space and
> oriented based on the average of vectors to the north and south poles,
> weighted by the inverse square law (which I'm assuming magnetism obeys,
> I really haven't researched it at all).

I first thought "There's something wrong, magnetic field lines don't
cross each other" until I realized that this is a 3D image, and the
field lines really don't cross. It's the perspective making it look like
that.

You should make it somehow more obvious that this is 3D, although I
don't have an idea how.

About the scientific part, I don't know any more than you do. It does
look right, however.

Manuel